Tuesday, December 4, 2007

And Ladies and Gentlemen.....Land Law!

Greetings. I wonder what on earth I can post which is of community interest, as opposed to personal.

Well, Land Law it is, then.

'Coz I'm leaaaaaaving, on a jet plane.. don't know when I'll be back again..'

Isn't that the classic formulae to get someone to cling hard to you?

(whether it succeeds or fails depends on whether people buy it). Yes, that's a song. And it happens to be in my head.
Have been workin' it on Land Law today. A judge in criminal law once shook his head at a test (one of those tests given to the jury to apply- to see whether the defendant is guilty) - because he said it would give the jury too much 'mental gymnastics'.

Ah, now that's an interesting one.

I could say I've been doing 'mental gymnastics' all morning too.
On Land Law, that is. Controlled by the word limits, confined by time, confused by the various sections that frame....... Land Registration!

Yeah let's all scream in unison.

Whenever anybody does anything with property, they're paying lawyers to do 'mental gymnastics' - but I'm not sure how hard the gymnastics are here, in the hot Malaysian sun, because they don't practise land registration as a system.

Let's screech to a halt here, excuse me indeed, while I go back to doing aha, the fine art of 'mental gymnastics'.

1 comment:

Sha-Lene said...

hahahahaha now the song is stuck in my head! XD