Friday, December 7, 2007

"It's an alethiometer. It tells the truth." - Master of Jordan

Hullo, Darlings and friends! :]

It looks like Cheryl and Rachel have both been actively blogging, and words cannot express how delighted I am! Mei Chieng's given her word that she'll, and I quote, "definitely be blogging" -- while Faan Jin is ... bound to want to. Eventually.

;P

Today was the last day of Semester 1, and we've now officially embraced the Christmas break with arms wide open! Hahaha! A bunch of us went to celebrate [surviving half of Year 2] in Sunway Pyramid, with a lunch and a movie.

Mei Chieng (Darling #5 of this weblog group) said, "Hey I'll meet you guys there" ... but then ... FFK us at the eleventh hour! -_-" So, babe, you missed out on a great time la.

It took forever for both cars to find parking spots, and even longer to decide on a restaurant. I seriously thought I was going to start retching from the accumulated 9 hours of acidic stomach juices. In the end, we settled for Esquire Kitchen. It was a close toss between the only two decisive people in the group: Joanne for ramen noodles and Rachel for Esquire.

It is established that Rachel won. :]

After lunch, we had to super rush to the movie and .......... I didn't buy popcorn! Oh my goodness! It's such a wretchedly big deal for me, especially since my entire purpose for going to cinemas is to eat the popcorn! T_T And you know what? We were late for the movie ANYWAY. Daarrrrrn. For someone who practically preaches punctuality, I dunno why I have been successfully arriving late for every movie I've been to the cinema for, since, like, Die Hard 2.0..

The Golden Compass was absolutely brilliant! A must-watch for all fantasy lovers. Not a movie for everyone though, some people didn't enjoy it for its "illogicality" and how it "isn't real". Like I said ... for the fantasy lovers. :]

I LOVED IT.

RM10 well-spent. I've never been to a movie with Joanne, Soo Tian, and Tsu Ming before. 'Tis the experience money cannot buy. Hehe! They were fun to hang out with. :] In addition to the Equity's Darlings lah, of course.

Seriously - movie was gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

The James Bond actor was smokin' hot, Nicole Kidman was splendidly beautiful, and the little girl was really really pretty and a pretty good actress!! :] I can't wait to watch the next two movies of the trilogy!!!!


After the movie, it was like 6pm already and almost everyone had to call it a day. So we hugged the lot goodbye and yelled out happy hols -- then Rachel and I scooted off to The Curve for Happy Hour.
We drank a lot of alcohol and drove dangerously home. We even got DUI-ed.
I'm KIDDING LAH.
We went to The Curve and I met her parents! HAHAHA so the opposite of getting pissed. Her family was having dinner at Kim Gary's ... but by then I was too beat for Asian cuisine (personally, Hong Kong food is just ... blah~) ... so we went off to eat in another restaurant. This one called out to us in a hallelujah chorus:

We had the Three-For-All and the MOCHA MUD PIE. Effing fantastic.

The Curve is incredibly beautiful right now, and it's lined up with activities in light of the Christmas season. So, if you're feeling bored at home, you can check out some of their events!

http://www.thecurve.com.my/

Very, very late by the time I got home ... so late to the point that my mum called me and said, "Eh, still don't want to come home ah?" ... hahahhaha ... it's a blast to hang out with Rachel! :D

On a final note, I've finally figured out how to upload self-playing songs (see top right corner of blogging frame)!! :] Below are the lyrics in case you feel tempted to do a sing-along. :P

"Welcome To Wherever You Are"

Jon Bon Jovi

Maybe we're different, but we're still the same
We all got the blood of Eden, running through our veins
I know sometimes it's hard for you to see
You come between just who you are and who you wanna be
If you feel alone, and lost and need a friend
Remember every new beginning, is some beginning's end

[Chorus]
Welcome to wherever you are
This is your life, you made it this far
Welcome, you gotta believe
That right here right now,
you're exactly where you're supposed to be
Welcome, to wherever you are

When everybody's in, and you're left out
And you feel your drowning, in a shadow of a doubt
Everyones a miracle in their own way
Just listen to yourself, not what other people say
When it seems you're lost, alone and feeling down
Remember everybody's differentJust take a look around

[Chorus]

Be who you want to, be who you are
Everyones a hero, everyones a star
When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

[Chorus]

Until next time, take care and enjoy your December! :]

xoxo, Sha-Lene

No comments: